|MINUTES OF THE GENERAL
MEETING OF BEAUMARIS TREE PRESERVATION SOCIETY |
HELD AT 27 DALGETTY ROAD, BEAUMARIS, ON 26 SEPTEMBER 1955
|Present||The president, Mrs (Bea) Hosking, chaired the meeting, and 17 other members were
|Apologies||were received from Mrs. Sinclair, Mrs. Stock, Mr. Wyatt,
Mrs. Rodger, Mrs. Foster and Mr. (John) Carroll|
|Minutes||of the previous general meeting were read and accepted
on the motion put by Mr. Scott, and seconded by Mr. (William) Leech.|
|Treasurer’s Report||The balance in the bank stands at £114-11-0. Report
accepted on the motion put by Mr. Plumridge & seconded
by Mrs. Russell.|
|Correspondence||Letters were received from |
1. Mrs. Stock enclosing donation of £1-0-0 and offer of assistance during display.
2 The Age saying that the display had been mentioned in “News of the Day” & the gardening page, & that a photographer may be present on Oct. 1st. or 2nd.
3. From Mr. Hart accepting invitation to assist in naming plants at the Display.
4. From Mr. Young seeking advice, & information.
5. The Town Clerk declining on behalf of the Mayor invitation to attend Display.
Letter sent to Mrs. Stock thanking her for donation & offer of assistance.
|General Business||Details of organisation for
the Display on 1st. & 2nd. October were
1. Picking up of consignments of flowers & books.
2. Roster for door attendant
3. Roster for bookstall
4. Making tea for workers
5. Help on plant stall
|The meeting was closed at 9:30
|Sheila Ridland, Hon. Secretary|
|Passed & confirmed|
|C. (Colin) Macrae|
|Return to List
of All General Meetings|