MINUTES OF THE 36TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE BEAUMARIS CONSERVATION SOCIETY
HELD AT THE
BEAUMARIS COMMUNITY CENTRE AT 8 P.M. ON 6TH
Eastwood, G.H. Eastwood, G. (Geoffrey) Goode, M. (Margaret) Goode, M. (Margaret) Jarset, R. (Robert) Lawson MLC,
1. Apologies Geoffrey P.Connard MLC, Daintry Fletcher, June and Roy Hardcastle, Bea Hosking David Lea, John Messer, June Stewart
2. Minutes Minutes of 35th Annual General Meeting Confirmed D. Speirs M. Jarset Carried
3. President’s Report Copies of Report circulated. G. Goode summarized the main points (copy attached). R. Lawson MLC expressed his concern of undermining the cliffs at Keefer’s Boatshed by fossil hunters.
A letter from VNPA (Victorian National Parks Association) was read expressing their appreciation of ‘Walk Talk Gawk’ outing at Gramatan Avenue and BHS (Beaumaris High School) Heathlands. Report Accepted. – G. Goode J. Rendell Carried.
4. Treasurer’s Report Copies were circulated, but as M.Goode was involved with a brief medical emergency with her son it was not presented.
5. Life Membership for Colin Macrae. The Notice was read.
7. Election of Office Bearers.
8. Bike Road in Beach Park
J. Moller informed us that on 23rd October at 10 a.m. Councillors will examine the route options available, to be discussed at a meeting on 24th October.
9. General Business
John Moller informed us that a 2 lane road is being proposed and preliminary plans drawn by R.T.A. (Road Traffic Authority) including a roundabout at Bluff Road.
Colin Macrae was concerned about safe pedestrian crossings between Bluff Road and Dalgetty Road.
John Moller advised that the R.T.A. is considering various proposals for safe crossings.
R.Lawson MLC asked who is bearing the cost of the changes. John Moller replied that the costs were covered by R.C.A. (Road Construction Authority)
10. Guest Speaker
George, the meeting enjoyed your show and we very much appreciate you sharing your History of Beaumaris with us.
Meeting closed at 10.30 p.m.