|MINUTES OF THE 38TH
MEETING OF THE BEAUMARIS CONSERVATION SOCIETY |
HELD AT BEAUMARIS COMMUNITY CENTRE AT 8 P.M. ON TUESDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER 1990
|Present: G. (Geoffrey) Goode,
M. (Margaret) Goode, D. (Diana) Speirs, K. (Kenneth) Rendell, June
R. (Robert) Casamento, Jason Stewart, A. Mason, Bob Whiteway, Janet Abblitt, P. Prendergast, S. (Stephen) Morey, B. (Bea) Hosking, Anita Heughan.
1. Apologies: Michael Briggs (SCC), John Moller (SCC),
L. (Laurence) Bottomley (SCC), Lisa Milley (SCC), Hon. R. (Robert) Lawson MLC,
2. Minutes: Minutes of the 37th Annual General Meeting confirmed – K. Rendell D. Speirs – Carried.
3. President’s Report: Copies of the Report were circulated and G. Goode summarized the main items.
During discussion the following points were made:
Street Planting. Rob Casamento –
will last better, particularly during summer.
Garden Rubbish. Rob Casamento – is concerned about
waste in Reserves, with the corresponding wed invasion. Residents
Beach Road Traffic. Anita Heughan – wondered if more
island crossings were proposed.
President’s Report Accepted: G. Goode B. Hosking Carried.
5. Office Bearers:
President: G. Goode Nominated by B. Hosking – Elected.
Vice President: D. Speirs ” ” M. Goode ”
Secretary: K. Rendell ” ” D. Speirs ”
Treasurer: M. Goode ” ” A. Heughan ”
The following members volunteered to join the Committee: Jason Stewart, Anita Heughan, Rob Casamento.
6. Guest Speaker: Geoff Carr, Consulting Ecologist, did not arrive. His number was phoned and a message left on his recording machine.
7. General Business:
(1) Bob Whiteway – brought our attention to the invading creeper Morning Glory along Beach Park between Dalgetty and Reserve Roads. BCS to request assistance from SCC to control this invasion.
(2) K. Rendell – As SCC are proposing to appoint an Environmental Engineer BCS should monitor progress and obtain job specification.
(3) Steve Morey, D. Speirs – concerned about ‘Dual occupancy’ which in some instances is not meeting objectives, an inflexible way of increasing density of housing.
(4) Anita Heughan – Concerned about loss of Beaumaris Flora character by erection of “Englishman’s Residence” complete with English garden.
Meeting closed 9:35 p.m. Supper followed.