CLICK ON YOUR SUBJECT OF INTEREST BELOW
· E-mail reply on behalf of Premier of Victoria to BCS Inc. President’s letter expressing concern at omission of Ricketts Point Marine Sanctuary from Bill
· Letter expressing concern at Government’s withdrawal of Marine National Parks Bill and omission of recommended Ricketts Point Marine Sanctuary: To Premier of Victoria from President of Beaumaris Conservation Society Inc.
· Developer of 17-19 Mary Street, Beaumaris, which has barely been started, seeks extension of 1997 four-year permit, for the 1:348 square metre 4-dwelling proposal. It is now inconsistent with Bayside’s 1:400 sq.metre goal. Objection needed before on 30 July.
· Bayside Council still taking a Hard Line: Motion by
Moysey Ward councillor to refuse application to build 2 dwellings at
· E-mail if you have seen any flocks of Pardalotes of late, please. A flock of about 20 were sighted feeding at the top of a 12 metre high River Red Gum in Anita Street this month. It was not the first sighting in Anita Street – it still has some of its once numerous Red Gums.
· Support for Inclusion of Ricketts Point Marine
Sanctuary in a re-presented National Parks (
· Call on Victorian Government by PPCC Inc., putting
BCS Inc. view, to include the Ricketts Point Marine Sanctuary proposed
by the Environment Conservation Council, in the tabled National Parks (
· Call on Opposition by PPCC Inc., putting BCS Inc.
view, to move amendments to the National Parks (
· Minister’s Second Reading Speech to Marine Parks
· Bayside Council asked to modify access at former Keefer’s site to protect fossil beds, and large sea-birds’ shallow sheltering area