Beaumaris Foreshore Reserve at Cromer Road Beaumaris

Home / Beaumaris Foreshore Reserve at Cromer Road Beaumaris
bmys ltd

Beaumaris Foreshore Reserve at Cromer Road, 7 March 2007

The
filled area between the Beaumaris Cliff and
the sea is a

1.2 hectare area of filled coast and seabed leased in 1997 to Beaumaris Motor Yacht Squadron Ltd. for 21 years till 2018 at a rental of $13,000 per year, with a right of renewal.

Although the filling, which was begun in 1959, covers some of the best fossil areas, it was not included in the Beaumaris

Bay Fossil Site on the Register of the National Estate, but is an enclave within that Site. Click on the photograph for a zoomable high resolution version.The 1.2 hectare land leased from the Crown is, asa non-conforming use, part of the Public Park and Recreation Zone here, and associated Environmental Significance Overlay under the Bayside Planning Scheme, both of which also cover the nearby seabed.

See the indigenous plants and the pest plants recorded on this section of the foreshore.