The F L Yott Reserve
Clickon a blue hyperlink of interest.
|The F L Yott Reserve, Beaumaris|
The F L Yott Reserve is a Bayside City Council reserve that covers the block of land bounded by Bodley Street, Tramway Parade, Martin Street and Dalgetty Road, Beaumaris, except for the westernmost seventh of that land the Anglican Church owns. It was named after Cr Frederick Louis Yott, a councillorof the former City of Sandringham from 1935 to 1950, and the Mayor for two of those fifteen years. The Reserve’s Tramway Parade frontage was the site of the former BeaumarisHall , which was the original building of the Beaumaris Primary School in 1915. During World War II, a public air raid shelter of roofed trenches was at the south-east corner, where tennis courts are now. The Reserve is zoned PublicPark and Recreation under the BaysidePlanning Scheme . It is not one of Bayside City Council’s BushlandReserves . None of it has a VPO2 Vegetation Protection Overlay, but it all has a VPO1 Vegetation Protection Overlay. The existing land uses, which covernearly all of the Reserve , predated the Bayside Planning Scheme and include: