The 126-year saga of the Beaumaris Hotel, at 472 Beach Road, Beaumaris (western corner of Bodley Street)
Hotel Beaumaris c. 1910 with
original Mansard roof, from State Library of Victoria
Click on photo to ENLARGE it, or on other blue hyperlinks of interest.
|The Hotel, with original Mansard|
roof, which survived past the Edwardian era
|The scaled-down Beaumaris Hotel,|
still with its Victorian-era style, about 1950
|Crudely re-modelled as the “Beaumaris|
Pavilion”, about 2000
in 2011, soon to be
touted for “apartments”
demolition, despite the ‘Heritage
apartment structure that replaced the Beaumaris
Hotel, as seen in August 2016. BCS Inc. accepts
that at least a ‘reasonable
visual result‘ has been produced.
The ruin of the former Beaumaris
Hotel above is all that will remain of what was one of Beaumaris’s
oldest surviving buildings, and was, until the
completion of its replacement by apartments –
with 120 underground car parking spaces – the
biggest building ever built in Beaumaris.
|Click here for a 3-minute video showing an aerial|
view of the
demolition, approved by the VCAT,
of all – except the facade – of
the Beaumaris Hotel 1888 – 2014, and the
profligate digging up, removal from Beaumaris, and
ultimate dispersal, of a vast quantity of original
Beaumaris geological material.