Minutes of a General Meeting, and the 45th Annual General Meeting
MINUTES OF THE 45TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF BEAUMARIS CONSERVATION SOCIETY INC.
HELD AT ST MICHAEL’S CHURCH HALL, BEAUMARIS, AT 8.00 PM ON 6TH NOVEMBER 1997
|1. Present: Val Ross (President), Dr Hon. John Ross MLC, Faye Ross, Bruce Ross, Ken Fisher, Ken Rendell, Geoffrey Goode, Patricia Glazier, Madeline Meehan, David Judkins, Thelma Wiltshire, Anne Gibson, Ted Pearce, Diana Pearce, Jill Rendell, Margaret Goode, June Stewart, Albert Skinner, Marie Skinner, Val Currey, Peter Waterman, Gloria Bond, Julie Perkins, Bernard Callow, John Howells, Joan Palmer, Glenys Foreman, Keith Foreman, Kathy Feather, Joan Ornsby, Pauline Callow, Allan Henriksen, Inge Henriksen, Bill Haniyan, Joan Stavordale, Irene Clarke, Rob Brice, Ross MacKenzie, Gillian Davidson, Kevin & Margaret Burgess, June Hardcastle, Rose Allaway, Geoffrey Ewart, Claire Timlock, Bruce McPhate, Ana McCormack, Murray Thompson MLA, Colin Goddard, Suellen Bartaby, Irma Kluger, Shirley & R Frewen, Moira Longden. (There were about 70 people in attendance, but only 53 left their names) |
2. Apologies: Cr Graeme Disney, Cr Vivien Kluger, Cr Terry O’Brien, Dr Hon. David Kemp MHR, Josie & Adrian Cerbasi, Norma Shinkfield, Lorna Leslie, Kay Demmler, Linda Judkins, Tina Aldridge, M Pipa-Johnson
3. Minutes: Minutes of the 44th Annual General Meeting were summarised and accepted as a true record. Moved: M Goode Seconded: V Currey Carried
4. President’s Report: Val Ross presented her report. A question was asked, “What was the date of the A.A.T. hearing that BCS called for?” It was 23 January, 1998. As many as possible should attend. Report accepted. Moved: Dr J.Ross Seconded: M Meehan Carried
5. Rob Gell: Val Ross introduced Rob Gell, who had agreed to become our Patron. He spoke briefly on how important community groups were in bringing views and attitudes to public attention and hopefully in the review of the Australian Constitution there would be a mechanism to express community views. It’s up to us all to work together on these and other issues.
Kevin Burgess offered to be a deputy for Ted Pearce.
8. Closing Address: Val Ross welcomed Murray Thompson MLA, and expressed appreciation to all the Zone Leaders and Suellen Bartaby for all her secretarial assistance. A special appreciation to Brian Hutchins, who has been sponsoring our newsletter.
Meeting closed – 9.15 p m
All were invited to stay for supper.
Minutes accepted as a true record: Signed V. Ross Date: 3rd September 1998