MINUTES OF THE 41ST ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE BEAUMARIS CONSERVATION SOCIETY
HELD AT ST. MICHAEL’S CHURCH HALL AT 8 P.M. ON THURSDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER 1993
1. Present. R (Rob) Casamento, M (Margaret) Goode, G (Geoffrey) Goode, A (Anita) Heughan, B (Bea) Hosking, D (Diana) Spiers,
L (Laurence) Bottomley, Ken Rendell.
2. Apologies. (Hon.) G (Geoffrey) Connard MLC, B Smith S.C.C. (Sandringham City Council), Moira Longden, D. (Deborah) Pagura, A (Anthony) Reinhardt, R. (Roy) & J. (June)Hardcastle.
3. Previous Minutes Minutes of the 40th AGM were circulated to all members and accepted as a true record.
4. Amendments to the Constitution The amendment was read – G Goode added “for that year” at the end.
5. Presidents Report A copy was given to those present. Moved K Rendell Second A Heughan Carried
6. Treasurer’s Report A copy was given to those present. Moved M Goode Seconded R Casamento Carried
7. Office Bearers.
8. General Business
8.1 Beaumaris Conservation Society 40th anniversary social function was noted.
8.2 G Goode raised the issue of tourism promotion by S.C.C. (Sandringham City Council) and suggested members raise any concerns with their representatives on the Tourism Committee. There is a need to be careful to ensure that our natural heritage is not overrun.
L Bottomley expressed some ideas to help bring visitors to the area.
8.3 M Goode moved that B.C.S. write a letter to S.C.C in appreciation of the new local trees planted along Reserve Road.
9 Guest Speaker
Peter Horsfall was introduced by the President. Peter gave us a summary of the character of orchids and showed slides of many Victorian species. Questions were asked concerning conservation and propagation of indigenous orchids.
Meeting closed at 9.30 PM and supper served.
Minutes accepted Rob Casamento Date 4/11/94 Moved K. Rendell Seconded G. Goode