MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING OF BEAUMARIS CONSERVATION SOCIETY – 19 FEBRUARY, 1997
|HELD AT COMMUNITY CENTRE, BEAUMARIS ON 19 FEBRUARY, 1997 AT 8.00 P.M|
Ron Morris, Barbara Cook, Kay Demmler, Maggie Fook, Joe Tranter, Sue Hutchins, Brian Hutchins, Bruce Ross, Vivien Kluger, John Howells, Pamela Stanton, Ken Fisher
3. Candidates for Council:
Each spoke for 3 minutes summarising their views on local issues.
4. Aims & Actions of the Society:
Val Ross asked for comments on the above – no replies.
All those in favour of the above – unanimous support.
5. Zone Leaders:
Zone I – Pamela Stanton
Zone 2 – Ken Fisher
Zone 3 – Janet Ablitt
Zone 4 – Joy Tate and Anne Gibson
Zone 5 – Frank de la Rambelya
Zone 6 – Mrs Madeline Meehan and Brian Dixon
Zone 7 – Ted Pearce and Rosie Allaway
Zone 8 – Vivien Kluger
6. President’s Report:
Meetings with Murray Thompson MLA and Peter Betess, senior public servant, concerning the loss of our leafy character.
– New members after Rob Gell meeting – 128
– New members in last two weeks – 188
That amounted to a total of 316.
Projects for 1997
8. Resident Comments:
9. Beaumaris Conservation Conservation Society for Incorporation:
10. Ouestions for Candidates:
– membership of political parties.
– time of residence in Beaumaris.
Val Ross added her appreciation of all those in attendance.
Meeting closed – 9.22 p.m.