MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING OF BEAUMARIS CONSERVATION SOCIETY INC. 2003
HELD AT 20 EMILY STREET, BEAUMARIS, ON 23RD JANUARY, 2003 AT 8.00 P.M
1. Welcome and Apologies:
The Chairman, Adrian Cerbasi, welcomed those present. Apologies were received from Keith Foreman, Audrey Harris, June and Roy Hardcastle, Lorna Leslie and George Reynolds.
30 members – Ted Pearce, Rose Allaway, Ingrid Ashford, Adrian Cerbasi, Ken Rendell, Ron Morris, Geoffrey Goode, David Holmes, Keith Holmes, Josie Cerbasi, Patricia Glazier, Patricia Salisbury, Ralph Salisbury, Janet Harris, Reg Leslie, Diana Pearce, Joan Palmer, Kerryn Bray, Margaret Goode, Robert O’Brien, Pauline O’Brien, Jenny Morris, Chris Sutton, Paul Allaway, Peter Russell, Ron Hayton, Derek Wilson, Fiona Austin, Sibyl Hayton, Arthur Burmeister
2. Confirmation of the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting Held on 17th October 2002:
Moved: Geoffrey Goode Seconded: Rose Allaway Carried
3. Filling of Casual Vacancies:
The following members were elected to these positions:
Senior Vice-President Keith Holmes
Zone Leader Zone 1 Fraser Gibson
Zone Leader Zone 2 Keith Foreman
Zone Leader Zone 3 Ted Pearce
Zone Leader Zone 4 Ken Rendell
Zone Leader Zone 5 Ingrid Ashford
Zone Leader Zone 6 Josie Cerbasi
Zone Leader Zone 7 Ron Morris
Zone Leader Zone 8 David Holmes
- the minutes of the 1969 Annual General Meeting, which state that it was the 16th Annual General Meeting of the Society, be corrected so that they state that it was the 17th Annual General Meeting.
- a corresponding correction be made to the minutes of the subsequent Annual General Meetings, where they were assigned an ordinal number one lower than the correct number, owing to the misleading numbering of the 1969 meeting, which remained unrecognized until after the preparations began for the Society’s 50th Anniversary, in 2003,
- it be recognized that the 3rd, 4th, 11th, and 12th Annual General Meetings, which were earlier meetings whose minutes bore an ordinal number, were correctly numbered, as the first Annual General Meeting was held on the 28th September 1953, after the Inaugural General Meeting, on 28th January 1953, and
- minutes of Annual General Meetings that do not state an ordinal number be altered so that they state an ordinal number corresponding to their correct order in relation to the minutes above.
Moved: Geoffrey Goode Seconded: Ted Pearce Carried
Meeting concluded at 9:10 p.m.