MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING OF THE BEAUMARIS TREE PRESERVATION SOCIETY – 23RD SEPTEMBER 1957

Home / MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING OF THE BEAUMARIS TREE PRESERVATION SOCIETY – 23RD SEPTEMBER 1957

MINUTES OF THE GENERAL MEETING OF THE BEAUMARIS TREE PRESERVATION SOCIETY 

HELD ON 23RD SEPTEMBER 1957

MINUTES OF  
PREVIOUS MEETING
Moved Mr (William) Ridland 2nd Mr Scott that the minutes be accepted.



APOLOGIESMrs (Anne) Forbes Mr (William) Elliott and Mr Plumridge

CORRESPONDENCENil

TREASURERS REPORT£443-10-10 Balance in hand. 
Moved Mrs Rodger 2nd Mr Feeley that report be received.

PRESIDENTS REPORTMrs (Edith [Bea]) Hosking reminded the meeting that tonight was the anniversary of the last general meeting held on 26th September 1956 held also to make arrangements for the coming flower show. She also went on to say that the last Flower Show had been a success, and that to make this year’s show a success also  certain jobs would have to be undertaken as follows 
TRESTLE tableS   These were being obtained from Ford the caterer and delivered by carrier to the Hall. 
WORKING PARTY  to set up hall on Friday Oct. 4th. Mr Plumridge Mr M Wilson Mr (John) Carroll Mr Craig Mr Riley Mr (Colin) Macrae Mr (William) Ridland were available for this night. 
PICK UP OF FLOWER EXHIBITS   Mr (Raymond) Sinclair Mrs Nickels Mrs Simon Mr (Norman) Hosking 
SALE OF BOOKLETS & WEST AUSTRALIAN FLOWERS 
Mrs Lightfoot Sat. afternoon. Booth 
Mrs Russell  Sunday 
WELFARE CANTEEN FOR WORKERS 
Mrs Orchard & Mrs (Anne) Forbes 
TAKINGS AT DOOR 
Mr (John) & Mrs (Catherine) Carroll 
PLANT LABELS SAT. MORNING 
Mrs Simon Mrs Russell Mr Scott 
TRAFFIC CONTROL 
Mr Scott Mr (William) Ridland Mr Feeley to patrol Wells Rd 
Mr (Colin) Macrae to contact Police regarding traffic control. 
TRAFFIC NOTICES ON ROADS 
The committee generally to assist in this. 
POSTERS FOR SHOPS BUS STOPS ETC 
The committee to do this. 
JARS BOTTLES VASES ETC FOR SPECIMENS 
Anyone who can to bring along what is available 
NIGHT WATCHMEN SAT. NIGHT 
Mr (Colin) Macrae & son 
CHECK COUNT OF VISITORS 
Society to find out about automatic counter to assist in this. 
COLLECTION OF LOCAL PLANTS 
Anyone who can manage to get specimens to do so. Mrs Lightfoot offered to lend print of native plants. 
Mr Geoff Riley offered to lend Shadow Box for Floral Art Display. 
Mr Matthews Chemist Shop – arrangements to be made for a display a week before the flower show. 
SPECIMEN FLOWERS AFTER SHOW 
Native Plant Growers to have first choice. Doors to be closed and the hall cleared before distribution begins. 
CARD INDICATING AIMS OF SOCIETY 
Mr John Carroll suggested that a NOTICE CARD should be placed on view at the Show stating briefly the aims of the society, so that the public should know the purpose of the request for donations. This was agreed upon. 
 
Parents’ & Citizens’ Association – Mr John Carroll suggested that secretary write to P&C regarding the clearing away of undergrowth on the cliff top at Beaumaris and state the Society’s views. Also to ask if we could have a member co-opted on to their Town Planning Committee.

 Meeting Closed 9:40 pm

Return to List of All General Meetings