Mr Bill Leech, Fifth President of the Beaumaris Tree Preservation Society
Mr William Leech was the fifth President of the Beaumaris Tree
Preservation Society, which began at its Inaugural General Meeting
on 28 January 1953. It changed its name to the Beaumaris Conservation Society in 1970. He was the President for eight years, beginning in 1961.
Bill Leech was a builder, who lived at 7 Fifth Street, Black Rock. He attended every Annual General Meeting of the Society from its first, in 1953, to its twentieth, in 1972, except for the 1971 AGM. He was an enthusiastic grower of indigenous plants, particularly Banksias.